For that special occasion, this Filet Mignon with our Coconut Aminos is an absolute taste delight!
Makes 1 serving
- 6 oz filet mignon
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil, or other healthy high-heat, neutral tasting oil of choice
- 2 Tbsp Alive Coconut Oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- On a cutting board, pat the filet mignon dry with paper towels and let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Generously season all sides of the filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium, oven-safe stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the grapeseed oil.
- Once the oil begins to smoke, add the filet mignon to the pan. Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes, until a crust has formed.
- Use tongs to flip the steak over, then add the coconut oil, rosemary, and garlic to the pan.
- Tilt the pan and spoon the melted coconut oil continuously over the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 7 minutes for a medium rare steak.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.