Healthy Marshmallow Squares sweetened with Coconut Crystals . What a treat!!
P.S These are so good thrown into your morning cup of coffee or tea. Dissolves in seconds!
Ingredients for Marshmallow Syrup:
- 3/4 cup Coconut Crystals
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tsp Almond Extract
- Pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
Ingredients for Marshmallow Base:
- 2 Tbsp Gelatin (or Agar Agar for a vegan version)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- In a stand alone mixer combine gelatin and water. Let it sit while you make your syrup.
- In a small sauce pan combine Coconut Crystals, water, vanilla and almond extracts, and salt. Cook on med low heat stirring occasionally for approx. 15 minutes. You don’t want it to boil, just a light simmer.
- Turn mixer on on low. Slowly add your syrup mixture till combined. Gradually increase mixer speed to high, remaining at each speed level for about 15 seconds. Once arriving at high, continue mixing for about 3-5 minutes. When it gets a marshmallow fluff consistency, turn off mixer just before it’s starts to form peaks. Not to worry, it’s okay if you leave it longer, it’ll still taste amazing! It just won’t have a flat top when you pour it because it’ll already be too gelatinous.
- Pour into a small coconut oil greased rectangular glass container. Make sure it is an air tight container to prevent your marshmallows from becoming discolored. Leave in fridge overnight. Then, using a pizza roller utensil, cut it into squares.
Note: The lovely tan hue of these marshmallows is from the brown color of the Coconut Crystals sweetener, which adds an amazing flavor to this classic recipe!
Tip: The marshmallow mixture will harden pretty quickly so get it into your container right away. Wait till morning before cutting and eating. That’s the toughest part!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.