Quick, easy Pasta Bolognese
Satisfying, quick and easy Pasta Bolognese! This yummy dish is made with our Coconut Aminos and hidden carrots giving it a mildly sweet flavor guaranteed to be a family favorite!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used 20% fat content chuck)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup hearty dry red wine (or beef broth)
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of finely grated nutmeg
- 1 cup vegetable or beef broth
- 1 lb. pasta of choice (we like gluten-free quinoa pasta or cauliflower rice)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan for serving (optional)
- Marinate beef in Coconut Aminos, salt and pepper for minimum of 10 minutes.
- Pulse onion, celery, and carrots in a food processor until very finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat. Break beef into small clumps (about 1½") and add to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally but not breaking meat apart, until beef is lightly browned but not crisp, 6–8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a medium bowl.
- Add onion mixture to pot with 1 Tbsp oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, 6–8 minutes.
- Return beef to pot and pour in wine (or broth) Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, smashing down on beef with a wooden spoon, until wine/broth is evaporated, surface of pot is almost dry, and meat is finely ground, 8-10 minutes. Add tomato sauce, bay leaf, and nutmeg and cook, stirring occasionally while still pressing down on meat, about 5 minutes.
- Pour broth into pot; add a pinch of salt. Reduce heat to the lowest setting and cook, uncovered and stirring occasionally until meat is tender, about 10-12 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning with Coconut Aminos, salt and pepper to taste; keep warm.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Transfer pasta to a platter and top with sauce and optional Parmesan.
This sauce is a great meal prep as it holds up well for 4 days in the fridge.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.