Spinach Banana Muffins
Spinach-Matcha-Banana Muffins! A healthy green treat to celebrate and fun to make vegan dessert! We added a bit with gluten-free flour and added matcha to create a bold color.
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1 cup nut milk (we used almond)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach (could also add shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, or shredded yellow squash *all raw* to really pack it full of veggies!)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup Coconut Crystals
- 2 Tbsp Alive Coconut Oil
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (we like to use a blend of rice and potato flour)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put the first seven ingredients (nut milk, matcha, egg, vanilla, spinach, banana, Coconut Crystals) in a blender or food processor and blend.
- Combine the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a smaller mixing bowl and add wet mixture from blender to dry mixture
- Add Alive Coconut Oil (melted) then stir together all ingredients till it becomes a batter consistency
- Scoop into greased muffins tins or heart shaped spring forms to create a St. Patty’s clover
- Bake at 375 F (12 minutes for mini-muffins or 17 minutes for regular-sized muffins or 20 minutes for spring form)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.