Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Muffins
A great vegan baking option if you’re trying to avoid eggs. Check out the flax / egg substitute option below!
- 1 Tbsp milled flax seed + 3 Tbsp water
- 2/3 cup oats (quick or rolled)
- 1 scoop (1/3 cup) vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Coconut Nectar or Coconut Crystals
- 1/3 cup nut milk (such as almond or cashew or even coconut milk)
- Combine 1 Tbsp milled flax seed with 3 Tbsp water, set aside for 5 minutes & allow gel to form.
- In a small blender, grind oats into flour. Transfer to small bowl and add protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Stir together and set aside.
- In large bowl combine peanut butter, mashed banana, Coconut Nectar, and gelled flax. Mix by hand or beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and nut milk and mix together. Batter will be very thick. Pour into muffin tins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F. While muffins are still in the oven, reduce temperature to 375 and continue baking for 7-8 more minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.